Monday, April 7, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Choosing a baby name; what a feat! The name you give your child follows him/her for the rest of his/her life and can make or break a child. When I was trying to name my little girl I had to think long and hard about a name. I wanted her to have a unique name, but not one too far out there. I didn't want her to be one of five Amandas in her class, but I also didn't want her to be trying to get a job with a name like Sequin Rain and not be taken seriously. After numerous hours on baby name websites, I finally settled on Aniston Brooke nn Annie. My grandmother's name was Annie, and I wanted to be able to pass her name on in some way, but I didn't like Annie as a formal name. Hence, Aniston. I liked that Brooke flowed well with Aniston, and I have a good friend named Brooke. In essence, Annie was named after others, but I was still able to add my own flair to her name.

I shared my story as an entry in the Gagazine Journal $50 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. All you have to do is blog about how you came up with your baby's name. http://gagazine.com/50-amazon-gift-card-giveaway/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

Your comment showed up as a comment instead of a trackback. You should be able to see your entry in the comments section found directly above the track back section.

Good luck!